ASHLAND -- The Ashland County Health Department (ACHD) received confirmation of the 20th, 21st and 22nd positive laboratory test results for coronavirus disease 2019 (COVID-19) in Ashland residents, according to a May 28 press release from ACHD Public Information Officer Jill Hartson.
Of the 22 positive cases, 17 individuals have recovered, three are recovering, and two are hospitalized.
ACHD is currently working with over 60 individuals who have been exposed to COVID-19.
The first of these three newly reported cases was recorded May 23. The second was recorded May 26. The third was recorded May 27.
The local health department urges residents to practice precautions to prevent the spread of COVID-19. These precautions include: practicing social distancing, wearing a face covering, staying home when sick, disinfecting frequently touched surfaces and washing hands often.
To minimize the risk of infecting healthcare workers, individuals should call ahead before seeking medical care to discuss symptoms. COVID-19 symptoms can include fever, cough, shortness of breath or difficulty breathing, chills, repeated shaking with chills, diarrhea, vomiting, conjunctivitis, muscle pain, headache, sore throat and new loss of taste or smell.
Additional information about COVID-19 is available at the ODH website, www.coronavirus.ohio.gov. ODH also staffs a Call Center 7 days a week from 9 a.m. – 8 p.m. The number is 1-833-4-ASK-ODH (1-833-427-5634).
The following is a history of the number of confirmed laboratory cases of COVID-19 in Ashland, Ohio:
- Case number 1 was reported on March 18.
- Case number 2 was reported on March 27.
- Case number 3 was reported on April 2.
- Case number 4 was reported on April 9.
- Case number 5 was reported on April 10.
- Case number 6 was reported on April 26.
- Case number 7 was reported on April 27.
- Case number 8 was reported on April 30.
- Case number 9 was reported on May 1.
- Case number 10 was reported on May, 4.
- Case number 11 and 12 were reported on May 6.
- Case number 13 and 14 were reported on May 7.
- Case numbers 15, 16 and 17 were reported on May 11.
- Case numbers 18 and 19 were reported May 20.
- Case numbers 20, 21 and 22 were reported May 27.