ASHLAND — The United States of America is celebrating its 246th birthday this weekend, and festivities will be taking place all over Ashland County.
In the City of Ashland:
- The 4th of July fireworks show will start at 9:30 p.m. on Monday at the AHS Community Stadium.
- Southview Grace Brethren Church on Katherine Avenue is hosting Wifflefest XXIII. There are whiffle ball tournaments every day Friday through Monday.
- The South Street Grille is hosting two Music on the Patio events Friday and Saturday at 6 p.m.
- The Paint and Plain Horse Show will be happening Saturday-Sunday at the Ashland County Fairgrounds.
- The Ashland Symphony Orchestra will be performing at Pops in the Park at the Myers Memorial Band Shell in Brookside Park Sunday at 8 p.m.
- The Push ’em Pull ’em Parade will start at Substance Church at 10 a.m. on July 4. Participants should be there at 9 a.m.
- The 22nd annual Antique Show will run Friday and Saturday in Central Park.
- The 22nd annual Classic Car Show will be open Saturday 8 a.m. to 4 p.m.
- Loudonville’s 4th of July fireworks show will start at 9 p.m. on Monday at Riverside Park.
Independence Day Weekend at Pleasant Hill Lake Park (Perrysville):
- The weekend kicks off at Pleasant Hill Lake Park with Osprey Wagon Tours on Friday at 6:30 p.m. at the Welcome Center.
- On Saturday, Family Crafts run from 10 a.m. to 1 p.m. at the Welcome Center
- Visitors can help naturalists collect stream critters and feed animals in the nature room from 1 to 3.p.m Saturday.
- “Callunall Rednecks,” a country band, will be performing Saturday from 6 to 9 p.m.
- On Sunday there will be a PG-rated movie starting at 9 p.m. on the beach.
- The final event of the weekend is twilight kayaking on the lake starting at 8 p.m. on Monday.
Independence Day Weekend at Charles Mill Lake Park (Mansfield):
- There are a number of events planned for Charles Mill Lake Park over the weekend. The first is Kidz and Adult Bingo at 7:30 p.m. Friday in the Messerly Recreation Center.
- There will be a glow walk at 9 p.m. Friday starting at the Eagle Point pool area.
- Coffee and donuts will be served at the Messerly Recreation Center starting at 9 a.m Saturday.
- Red, White, and Blue Craft for Adults starts at 10 a.m. Saturday at the Messerly Recreation Center. Campers can also order children’s craft kits to their campsites starting at noon.
- Games for ages 3 to 14 start at 2 p.m. Saturday at the Messerly Recreation Center.
- Beach activities like sandcastle building and limbo start at 5:30 p.m. on Saturday.
- There will be a concession stand on the beach from 6:30 to 10 p.m. on Saturday.
- The Bagby Boys Concert starts at 7:30 p.m. on the beach on Saturday
- Fireworks will start at dusk on Saturday and can be viewed from land or water.
The National Weather Service predicts that the temperature will stay in the 80s during the day and dip into the 60s in the evening and morning every day during the weekend.
Rain is likely after 8 p.m. on Friday along with a chance of thunderstorms. On Saturday, rain is also likely with thunderstorms possibly developing after 2 p.m.
Sunday and Monday are predicted to be mostly sunny, with clouds moving in Monday evening.
The Life section is supported by Brethren Care Village in Ashland.